How do you take care of your family after you’re gone?
Through estate planning, Steve guides individuals, couples and their families through the process of anticipating and arranging for the disposition of an estate.
We work together to eliminate uncertainties over the administration of probate and maximize the value of the estate by reducing taxes and other expenses. Designating guardians for minor children and beneficiaries in incapacity is a critical part of the process. An Estate Planning Attorney will help guide you through this process.
Basic estate planning involves:
- The Will – a legal declaration by which a person names one or more persons to manage his or her estate and to provide for the transfer of property at death.
- The Power of Attorney – a legal authorization to act on someone else’s behalf in a legal or business matter. People often give a trusted person “their power of attorney” in the event they become incapacitated.
- A Health Care Proxy – a legal document appointing somebody else to carry out your health care decisions in the event you cannot do so.
- HIPAA Authorization
- Living Will
- Trust – a relationship whereby property (including real, tangible and intangible) is managed by one person (or persons, or organizations) for the benefit of another.
Steve works with individuals, couples, and their families to protect their wealth and help them develop a plan for their loved ones.
Estate Planning Services
His estate planning services also include:
- Business Succession planning
- Marital deduction planning
- Life insurance and estate liquidity planning
- Asset protection planning: limited partnerships, limited liability companies and pre-nuptial agreements
Please feel free to contact Steve to review your specific legal needs. To get started, contact the Stephen Mooney Law Offices, PC today, and let them help you with all your legal needs.